Hoop Dance Class
Saturday, May 11th, at 1:30pm
Hooping from the heart! The focus is dancing with the hoop while getting a full body workout and having fun! Unleash your own style while learning and fine-tuning both on and off the body moves and transitions.No Hula Hoop experience required; Hoops will be available to borrow during class and we will have hoops available for purchase, if you would like your very own to keep.
Benefits of Hooping:
1) Strengthen your tone muscles while learning how to hoop on your entire body.
2) Free up hips and spine.
3) Increase coordination, flexibility, balance and rhythm as you develop fluidity of motion.
4) Open up channels for creative self expression.
5) Hooping generates joy and laughter, and makes you smile while reducing stress.
$15.00 drop in rate non-member *Members get $5.00 off
Refining the Art of Yogic Adjustments:
Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers with Nicolette David
Saturday, May, 18th, 3:00pm-5:00pm
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” Dalai Lama
Yoga practitioners gain tremendous benefit from effective adjustments. Hands-on adjustments can enrich the student/teacher relationship and empower students to internally locate themselves and increase their kinesthetic awareness.
In this training, we will explore the principles behind safe and anatomically influenced hands-on assists as well as:
- How to better serve your students by making a personal connection through skillful and confident adjusting
- Different kinds of adjustments for a wide variety of asanas, including Sun Salutations, standing poses, backbends, forward bends, seated/supine poses, and inversions
- How to “see” different bodies
- Discuss hands-on versus hands-off help
Please join us to learn NEW adjustments, deepen your own knowledge, and stay connected to your community.
Nicolette is originally from Catalina Island, attended Pepperdine University, taught high school English for several years, and served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Bulgaria.
Nicolette truly BELIEVES in Yoga- in its ability to heal the body, its inevitability to quiet the mind, its uniqueness to both strengthen & soften the spirit, and the gift that it is for ALL people.
Nicolette currently teaches at multiple studios in Orange County and specializes in private instruction for injury rehabilitation, pain management, stress relief, and performance enhancement for competitive athletes. She has a certain fondness for teaching yoga teachers, random acts of dancing with herself, and rolling on YTU therapy balls.
Sunday, May 19th at 12:00pm
Bring your partner or friend or family to an all-levels playful partner yoga class. Explore physical and mental boundaries that you cannot reach in your own practice alone. The art of partnering reveals how to create a positive, safe, and nurturing environment. In all the exchanges, the mutual support helps both people work better and improve alignment.
$20.00 per person
Members get $5.00 off*
* For upcoming workshops, Go To View our class schedule after being directed to our schedule, click the WORKSHOPS Tab at the top of the page. You can also call us at 714-600-6344 or email us at Undergroundyogahb@Gmail.com for more information.
Inversion Workshop 2.0
Saturday, February 2nd at 1:30pm
Fearless Flight: Come learn how to fly! Part 2
This inspiring and in-depth workshop will allow you to explore the fundamentals of arm balances in a playful and safe environment. Learn to connect to your core, dissolve your fear and apply proper alignment while understanding the mechanics and leverage needed in order to balance. If you are just beginning your flight into arm balancing, you will learn safe techniques to help you get off the ground. For those refining their flight skills, we will experiment with various entries, transitions and exits. For all who attend, expect to walk away with a smile and genuine feeling of accomplishment. Expect to be challenged and invigorated! This workshop is suitable for those new to arm balances and frequent flyers.